Monday, February 4, 2013

Finding Success

This is my third year teaching at Kansas State University. It has been interesting to watch students I taught in my first semester graduate and move into their careers. Making the transition from the college life to career life will be an adjustment. But it has been been gratifying to see some of those who I worked with at the start of their long journey, meet with early success. The students I have seen take initiative to find opportunities outside the classroom are finding jobs. Getting better doesn't happen magically. It takes time and hard work. I believe there is always room for talented people. They have been passionate and have sought out people who can make them better. If they continue to push themselves, be curious and maintain their passion to find ways to get better, then they will flourish for years to come.

1. Be curious
2. Be passionate
3. Treat people with respect
4. Practice, practice, practice
5. Unplug and talk to people
6. Get out into nature
7. Keep learning
8. Be confident

No comments:

Post a Comment